Trump spoke at the Republican midterm convention in Dallas, Texas pitching a $5,000 "dividend" for each American if his party sweeps the midterms.
How can the Republicans offer this bribe when our nation is over $40 trillion in debt? Recently Trump suggested that he'd have to turn, already under funded Medicare (for the elderly) and Medicaid (for the poor), back to the states for them to cover the costs because of the demands from endless war spending.
I can tell you, the states can't deal with that in addition to the long list of burdens which Washington has long been dumping on state and local governments.
And, ain't it illegal to offer a bribe to voters? Welcome to the mobster rule of America.
One GOP operative expressed skepticism, calling it “a desperate attempt to change the political mood.” Also skeptical was Republican Rep. Chip Roy of Texas. “Well, I would like to know how they would plan to pay for [this],” he said.
Congress would need to approve the bribe payment, which would cost $1.35 trillion according to Reuters.
U.S. Senator Susan Collins, R-Maine, would not weigh in on Trump's bribe. “I was campaigning until late last night…and then started up first thing this morning, so I have not had a chance to look at that, and I’m not familiar with that proposal,” Collins said Thursday.
Oh sure, the biggest story across the U.S. today and she hadn't heard. Sen. Collins is now in a tough re-election race for her Senate seat.
Elon Musk and many other billionaires are each dumping millions into the Collins campaign treasure chest.
So the corporate capitalists aren't only buying politicians these days, they are now willing to publicly declare they will buy votes and thus elections as well.
They must be running scared.
But keep this in mind, even if the Dems win, there will no serious change unless the citizens stay in the streets.
Bruce

No comments:
Post a Comment