Sunday, September 27, 2026

Small biz owner crying foul over economy


Just in the past 2 weeks our cost of steel and cost of shipping went up by 40%.   We were already on the verge of failing 4 weeks ago, and then the video going viral "bought us some time". This surge in costs is likely the end of any progress we made. A unit I shipped to a client 2 weeks ago was $277.  to ship a smaller, lighter unit to that same client this weeks was over $470. Steel that I paid $120 per stick for 2 weeks ago, just cost me $174 .

I raised my priced by 15% over about 9 years, including Covid.   in the past 2 years I have had to raise my prices by almost 30%, and now will need to raise them by at least another 20 to 30% just to break even, and then quote double on shipping,  compared to just 2 weeks ago. I highly doubt that my clients are going to be able to afford to purchase our products.   

If you are in need of good product, please consider us or other small shops. We all need your help.

We are Minnesota Implement . We build some of the best tree pullers, snow plows, utility tractor and skid steer attachments on the market. 

No comments: