Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Remembering....

 


  • I began writing this blog in 2005. Many years ago, while working with the black community in Orlando, Florida to help save their historic downtown neighborhood from redevelopment, I got on the mailing list of a national organization that specialized in local housing, jobs and poverty issues. One of the regular writers in their newsletter was an older activist who told lots of stories about his work over the years. It was a great source of learning. His writing inspired this blog.
  • I appreciate everyone who drops by here to take a look. I'd love if more people sent me links to live YouTube music videos that are meaningful and relevant to our current economic, political, environmental and cultural times. I'd like to post some of them here on my Sunday song.
  • In the last three months the hits to the blog came from the following countries (highest ranking first): France, U.S., Netherlands, Kenya, Germany, South Korea, Romania, Canada and Russia. I can tell when someone has shared something from the blog - hits in one particular nation jump. Thanks to all of you.
  • I am just kicking the last of my second bout with covid good-bye. (MB now over it too.) This one was  milder. I never got any jabs - don't trust big pharma nor did I trust Fauci - especially after reading RFK Jr.'s expose on the slime-ball. Fauci is nothing but a 2-bit backstreet crook and mafia operator. These are the people who run the US these days - that is why they 'love' Ukraine so much - fertile ground. They want to put themselves right on Russia's border for a long-long-long bloody war that will make them lot$ of cash. They are indeed sick.
  • Most of my friends got the shot. Some of them criticized others for not succumbing to the pressure. Now the vast majority of people I know who took the jab (and boosters) have caught covid - even multiple times. I figure I came out ahead on this one. I never put the toxic shots inside of me and still survived the virus infections. I used many alternative therapies suggested by the FLCCC
  • I read the Russian media daily - along with media from many other parts of the world. Maybe because I grew up living on military bases around the world (Germany and England) I was able to learn that Americans are not the smartest, best, brightest, and most qualified to dictate terms to the world. I've long considered myself an American patriot - in the truest sense. I am fighting for liberty, community, local democracy, peaceful relations with others and re-learning to live in harmony with our Mother Earth.
  • OMG though. Why does it have to be so damn hard? Why do these oligarchs in charge think they can do the evil they do? What they seem to have lost is the essence of being a human. And we let them just keep rolling along....
  • RT reported yesterday: 'Ukrainian drone downed over nuclear plant – Russia. The Defense Ministry has confirmed an unmanned aircraft was shot down as it tried to attack the Russian-controlled Zaporozhye facility'. What in god's name are the US-UK-NATO-Kiev lapdogs trying to do. Blow the fucking world up? Why are people around the globe not stomping their damn feet and screaming over this. Russia is not going to hand over this nuclear power plant to a Nazi-led army. I'm with Moscow on that one. This is really crazy.
  • Some (not all) of the western corporate media hysteria is now being aimed directly at China. I intend to use the blog to seek good information about China that does not get composed at the CIA and Hollywood. As you see below there are a couple posts that are offering the other side of the western portrayal of Beijing. This is what the US-UK-EU pirates do - they demonize a political leader, take them down, and then loot the country. All with moralistic pronouncements that they are bringing democracy, prosperity and enlightenment.
  • The tide is turning though and we are seeing more liberals begin to 'come home'. It's now beginning to get embarrassing having to apologize for Zelensky and Hunter & Joe Biden.  These liberals always follow the 'safe path'. That's why they are in such a constant rut.
  • We've spent our covid time watching two Netflix series that we'd eagerly recommend. One is called 'Mo' about a Palestinian family illegally living in Houston. Mo is a hoot and a heart breaker. The other is 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' about a young attorney who is on the Autism Spectrum in South Korea. She is brilliant and we all love Woo. 
  • Fall is coming soon. Things will heat up on the streets across the west as sanctions blow-back hits home in chilling new ways. Keep paddling.
  • The artwork at the top was done by my long ago friend Bill Park. We worked together in Central Florida for many moons. He illustrated most of my work - newsletters, flyers, posters, etc. He passed away a few years ago but I miss him like a true brother. I loved that artist and human being. In the drawing above sadly who don't see the shaky high-heels 'Lady Liberty' is wearing. Really accentuates the piece. Bill Park Presente!

Bruce 

3 Comments:

Blogger elkojohn said...

My sentiments exactly.
All I ever wanted was a government of, by,
and for the people, ALL the people.
Guess that makes me a Lincolnist.

8/30/22, 9:28 PM  
Blogger Bruce K. Gagnon said...

Ditto

8/31/22, 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total Lincolnist here ! Greatx3 grandfather Charles Baldwin Sedgwick gave 1st speech calling for abolition of slavery 3/26/1860 ‘ The Republican Party the Result of Southern Aggression’. Didn’t know about it until 2016 , and then I made more sense to myself. After that I learned about ( Senator ) Paul Findley of Illinois , a Lincoln Republican, and want people like him back .

9/5/22, 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home