Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Space week events at Reva University, Bengaluru, India











 

I was invited to be a keynote speaker on space issues at a conference by the School of Legal Studies at Reva University in Bengaluru, India by Global Network board member Dr. Aruna Kammila. She directs the Legal Department and is hosting this Space Law conference.

As a preliminary activity her department had first year students make posters about the need for vigorous space law in small groups of 2-4 each. They presented the posters with clear explanations to MB and I. We were asked to pick one as the best of them all.  We couldn't do it. So I took them one at a time and said this one is the best - one after the other. The students faces lit up as they saw each of their creations rewarded.

Yesterday I spoke to about 60 third year law students and answered questions. And tomorrow the formal conference begins where I will give my talk to a larger group.

We heard that 150 papers were submitted, many from students wishing to address the conference from India and other nations including from the African continent. I'm not certain how many were accepted but it will be a moving day to hear from these very bright young people.

It is an honor to be with them all.

Bruce 

No comments: