Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Man without a country

 


This is the world
where I live.
 
USA born and fed 
(lots of BS)
like any good hog

Grateful for the times 
having lived
in Germany, England, 
South Dakota, Florida, Connecticut, California, Hawaii and now Maine.
 
Each of those places have a hold on my heart. 
I found it easy to love the people in all these worlds.
 
I call my back yard an English garden ranch. 
All the influences in our lives
woven into our soul. 

So it was never possible for me to want anything but peace, 
but it has to be ushered in by real honesty, solidarity, and justice.
Otherwise it's a phony ride.
 
Do the Palestinians have a right to rise up against Tel Aviv and Washington? 
Fundamental question. 
They've been doing it for so long primarily using non-violence. 
But with US dollars the IDF has forever been kicking the hell out of the Palestinian people. 
 
Did Crazy Horse have the right to defend his people against the US Army? 
Who was the aggressor anyway?
 
Do Cubans have the right to defend themselves as Washington relentlessly continues the Cold (hot) war against Havana, 
mostly led by the Miami Mafia?
 
How about Russia, China, Iran, others?
 
I'm a man without a country. 
In the end I'm happy it turned out this way.

Bruce

PS confession: It was mostly the United States Air Force (via the taxpayer of course) that paid my step-father to move from one base to the other. I grew up with a large-framed flightline photo hanging on my bedroom wall of military aircraft, right alongside my Crucifix. Yes, bombers and Jesus.

My step-dad from Rumford, Maine - straight out of the papermill - was a photo reconnaissance tech who served in the Korean and Vietnam wars. He was stationed in Okinawa during the Korean War and I grew up looking at his photos of bombing damage over North Korea. The US destroyed virtually every building in North Korea, the people had to live in caves and come out at night to work their food gardens. 

I joined the Air Force in 1971 during the Vietnam war. It was there I did 'a 180' and turned into a peacenik. 

Must thank the GI resistance movement at my base in California for the sacred influence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home