Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, May 01, 2021

May Day solidarity message to the Donbass

 

 

I was asked by a labor leader in Lugansk (Donbass) to send a solidarity message via video that would be posted on their union web site.

This labor leader is the person who invited to me come to Lugansk and Donetsk in 2019. He organized my tour and took good care of the three international activists visiting at that time. While in Lugansk (his home town) he made sure that we met and spoke with many different people ensuring that we got a deep understanding of the situation. My report from that trip is here

Since 2014 I've been checking on the situation in the Donbass virtually on a daily basis. 

I first met the labor leader at a peace conference that I stumbled upon while in Moscow in late 2018.  I had gone there to do advance work for the Global Network Russia Study Tour in the spring of 2019 that took us to Moscow, Crimea and St. Petersburg.

Bruce 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home