Israel - A Terror State
- It is outrageous that Israel once again used its military to stop and board the most recent attempt to bring aid and solidarity to the people of Gaza. Pro-Palestinian activists aboard a Swedish vessel tried and failed to reach Gaza this week. The activists were detained and are being deported.
- The United Church of Christ (UCC) announced on June 30 that the plenary of the 30th General Synod taking place in
Cleveland passed Resolution #4, calling for boycotts and divestment from
companies that profit from Israel's occupation of Palestinian lands. "In approving this resolution, the UCC has demonstrated its commitment to
justice and equality,” said Rev. Mitri Raheb, a Christian Palestinian and Pastor
of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land, who travelled to
Cleveland for the synod. “For Palestinians living under occupation or facing
systematic discrimination as citizens of Israel, enduring the destruction of
their homes and businesses, the theft of their land for settlements, and living
under blockade and siege in Gaza, this action sends a strong signal that they
are not alone, and that there are churches who still dare to speak truth to
power and stand with the oppressed.” The vote, which was 508 in favor, 124 against, with 38 abstentions, was the
culmination of a process that began in 2005, to end the Church's complicity in
Israel's nearly half-century-old occupation and other abuses of Palestinian
- In an article called The secret projects of Israël and Saudi Arabia we learn: "According to our information, for the last 17 months (in other words, since the announcement of the negotiations between Washington and Tehran, which have in fact been proceeding for the last 27 months), Tel-Aviv has been engaged in secret negotiations with Saudi Arabia. Extremely high-level delegations have met five times – in India, Italy and the Czech Republic. The cooperation between Tel-Aviv and Riyadh is part of the US plan to create a 'Common Arab Defence Force', under the auspices of the Arab League, but under Israeli command. This 'Force' is already effective in Yemen, where Israeli pilots fly Saudi bombers within the framework of an Arab Coalition whose headquarters have been installed by the Israelis in Somaliland, a non-recognised state situated on the other side of the the Bab el-Mandeb straits."
- I'm currently reading a new book called Against Our Better Judgment: The hidden history of how the US was used to create Israel by Alison Weir. This important and fascinating study reveals the gross manipulation by the Zionists in the US and around the world to secure the Israeli state. One example in the book stands out. As Jews tried to escape Nazi Germany Zionists worked hard to keep the refugees from entering the US, instead wanting them to have no other option than to populate the newly formed Israel. Weir writes: "When [President] Roosevelt made efforts in 1938, and 1943, and the British in 1947, to provide havens for [Jewish] refugees from the Nazis, Zionists opposed these projects because they did not include Palestine. Morris Ernst, FDR's international envoy for refugees, wrote in his memoir that when he worked to help find refuge for those fleeing Hitler, "...active Jewish leaders decried, sneered and then attacked me as if I were a traitor. At one dinner party I was openly accused of furthering this plan of freer immigration [into the US] in order to undermine political Zionism...Zionist friends of mine opposed it."
- An even more shocking revelation from Weir's excellent book is the story about Jews in Iraq who had refused to move to Israel at the time. Iraq's then-Chief Rabbi Sassoon said, "Jews and Arabs have enjoyed the same rights and privileges for 1,000 years and do not regard themselves as a distinctive separate part of the nation." Zionists worked to change that by covertly attacking Iraqi Jews so as to induce them to 'flee' to Israel. Zionists planted bombs in Iraqi synagogues and in the US Information Service Library in Iraq "in attempts to portray the Iraqis as anti-American and to terrorize the Jews," according to author and former CIA operative Wilbur Crane Eveland. "Soon leaflets began to appear urging Jews to flee to Israel," writes Eveland, and "...most of the world believed reports that Arab terrorism had motivated the flight of the Iraqi Jews whom the Zionists had 'rescued' really just in order to increase Israel's Jewish population."
- It's clear that Israel was formed as a terrorist state and remains one to this very day. The world must come to grips with this sad reality and boycott, divest and impose sanctions on immoral Israel. The Palestinian people more than deserve to live free from illegal collective punishment by the corrupt Israeli state.