Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Economic System Transformation



I am at the airport heading to Claremont, California for a conference called Seizing an Alternative: Toward an Ecological Civilization. I will be one of the presenters in a section entitled "Economic System Transformation".  I will be talking about converting the military industrial endless war machine into the "Natural Guard" that can help with disaster relief due to severe weather as a result of global climate change.  I'll also call for the transformation of the military production system to one that builds rail, solar, wind, and tidal power systems.  Seems like a no brainer to me.

It's a rather complicated conference format - I am still a bit confused about how it will all fit together but will figure it out as I go along.

It appears to be more of an academic conference than I am used to but I imagine I'll learn a great deal that will help in my day-to-day work.

I'm certain there will be many great visions articulated at the event but the 'proof is always in the pudding' as my mother used to say.  A 'successful' transformation will depend on our ability to organize and force the cancerous war institutions to adapt and change if we are to survive. That will ultimately depend on all of us to make it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home