Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, February 25, 2021

In line at post office

 

 
Long line
at post office.
 
Cutbacks,
and plans for privatization,
having impact
as my favorite
clerk offers
each customer
the best service
possible,
under these 
stressful circumstances.
 
Five ahead of me
young man comes in,
drooping pants,
searching entire lobby 
for something unknown,
having no luck
he cries out to anyone
who might listen,
'I just want a change
of address form'.
Nothing happens.
He joins the line.

I decide to intervene
and shout out to
the friendly clerk
that the guy needs
a form,
the clerk eagerly 
gives him one.

I look at the young man
bent over a counter,
filling out the paperwork,
pants almost at his knees.
 
I think of Obama
telling youngsters,
'Pull up your damn pants'
 
I smile.  
 
Save our post office!
 
Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home