Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Back home


I got home today just before noon.  Seem to be doing quite well according to physical therapy and the doctors at the Veterans Administration (VA) hospital here in Maine at Togus.  So far I'm not needing so many pain pills either.

The care I received at the VA was exceptional.  I had some great political discussions with various folks while there and the topic of 'privatization of the VA' repeatedly came up.  It is so unfair that everyone does not have access to such good quality health care.  We should each be demanding 'Medicare for all'.

Still much work to be done to get my 'new' knee into shape - it's going to take time and I am not the most patient person around.  This process will be humbling for me as my leg teaches me to slow down and do a bit more exercises everyday.

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and good wishes from so many.

Bruce

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Welcome back ! ( Take it easy. )

7/19/18, 5:06 PM  
Blogger Ariel Ky said...

Once you've recovered, you'll be amazed at what you can do again. A friend of mine had knee surgery, and although the week right afterwards got her so depressed that she was almost suicidal, she is able to go, go, go on her travels to Spain and China now.

7/19/18, 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home