Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Film for Our Times



Yesterday MB and I went to see the new movie called Trumbo.  I didn't know much about the life of Dalton Trumbo but this film is a work of art and I came away with my soul stirred.  The story reminds us all in that these times of endless war and the destruction of our constitutional rights we each must draw upon our reservoir of courage and fierce determination - we are not the first to face the boot of the repressive forces in this country and surely won't be the last.

Years ago I read the anti-war classic Johnny Got His Gun and it left a deep mark on me.  MB reminded me this morning that the book was written by Dalton Trumbo.

You don't want to miss this great story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home