Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Censorship at Fazebook

I often share things on Fazebook.  I  learned in an English class during college that we should always 'compare and contrast' our sources of information.  Especially when we are already controlled by an armed corporate state.

Having grown up in-part overseas at US bases in Germany and England I learned to take the wider view.  I still remember seeing a 'Yankee go home!' message spray painted on a Wiesbaden city wall I passed while walking to school from the heart of town apartment we rented for a year before moving into base housing.  

There is too much on my mind so I want to share these things.  I read all day in my work and see my role as one who passes information onward.

I tried to share an article widely today but FB has blocked me from sharing any posts (other than to groups I manage) until Friday. That is censorship and I've asked them why it is happening. 

I think I already know the answer - so I ask others to help share this important article. The clampdown is here...... 


  • You're temporarily restricted from joining and posting to groups that you do not manage until Friday at 10:21am.
  • If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know.

I wrote them back by clicking on the 'let us know' line just above.  I typed in the box below that popped up - 'This is censorship.  Please tell me why it is happening.'  No reply yet.

Facebook Blocks

To help keep Facebook safe, we sometimes block certain content and actions. If you think we’ve made a mistake, please let us know. While we aren’t able to review individual reports, the feedback you provide will help us improve the ways we keep Facebook safe.

Please explain why you think this was an error
Thanks for taking the time to submit a report.
Learn more about what happens when you’re blocked or if your content was removed.

This the world we live in now.  FB is a corporate tool to monitor us and train us just what the dimensions of our new box will be that the corporate system will assign us.  If we speak out then we will be 'contained' using various high-tech methods.

I don't accept this and have been watching closely as the writing on the wall gets ever more shocking. 

The happy thought is that the western war machine (US-NATO) is now losing and most of us living in their countries know the score.  It's an empty society here in the US.  They are dumbing us down, medicating us, and forcing legions into resignation and acceptance. 

I joined the annual PeaceWorks tax day flyering at the Brunswick post office for an hour this morning.  I stood by the big blue drive-up mail box on the street.  I held a sign that read 'Stop war in Syria'.  I offered a flyer as folks put their windows down and tried (sometimes vainly) to slip their annual tax return into the box.  Most people accepted my offer to help them put the mail in the box.  About 60% of the people took my flyer which was a graphic illustration of the budget pie that reveals 54% of every discretionary tax dollar goes to the Pentagon.  Got a good number of honks and waves from cars going by.

But a supervisor from the post office came out and said they got a call from someone who said I was interfering with their access to the mail box.  The postal person told me I had to leave the spot.  I responded that I'd been standing in this spot for years and had no intention of moving.  She next demanded that I not touch the mail which was illegal to do.  I told her I was just trying to help people put it into the box. The whole scene was insane - just imagine the mean-spirited person that called to complain about me.  That is the kind of person who usually makes the case that we need a huge military to protect our 'freedom'....

Brunswick is a college town (though it is a junior Ivy league one) and somewhat 'liberal' although their local state representatives all voted in favor of the recent General Dynamics corporate welfare bill at our state capital.  In other words it is a town controlled by Democrats. And Democrat is no guarantee anymore of much when it comes to standing up to the corporate oligarchy. 

Another article I tried to share on FB today is called November Midterms: Meet the Former CIA Agents Running for Congress as Democrats

Maybe you can help share it as well.

Bruce

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Bruce, I just posted this article on my on FB page - with no trouble, but maybe because you're known publicly as a big truth teller - who even fasts to express his convictions.

4/17/18, 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Brother Jonah said...

A few years ago as I was being taken to a court hearing, and the cops were byotching about one of their comrades getting bonus checks for going on Facebook and Twitter and other google properties, finding fugitives. Not looking on their own FB or other accounts, but those of their friends, family and even their enemies.

It shot me into a flashback (my own personal FB) to Christmas Eve and the Twelfth Day of Christmas, I was a teenager... some folks from our church brought a young mother with two kids needing a place to sleep that night, and that she was going to meet up with her husband the next day (Christmas) and we're kind of famous for sharing what we have even if all we have is beans and taters.

They left the next day, and we were going to Ft Worth so we were preparing for the move, Jan 6th... when the FBI came around. Said her husband got out of prison (we knew part) but he actually was at a super minimum "walk away" prison and he... walked away. (we didn't know that) but that was the only time I ever saw a FBI badge. And got on my first watch list. So did my grandmother, my youngest sister who was 3, probably put our cat and dogs a separate watch list. I sort of blew it off for a long time. Comedic, almost. Except those dudes are really diligent and have ways to make people disappear.

Back then somebody could spread the bread for an airplane ticket, no ID, no questions, and be anywhere in the world in 12 days. I don't know the other side of the story. Now with FB we're all on a watch list. Even if we never subscribed. Privacy protection? Hell to the F--- No. McCarthy on steroids. I don't need any particulars of the other side of the story.

4/18/18, 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home