Endless War $pending
- Obama FY2010-15 $663.4 billion per year
- Bush Jr FY2002-09* $634.9 "
- Clinton FY1994-2001 $418.0 " (This was the period after the Soviet Union fell apart thus the lower Pentagon budgets)
- Bush Sr FY1990-93 $513.4 "
- Reagan FY1982-89 $565.0 "
- Carter FY1978-81 $428.1 "
- Ford FY1976-77 $406.7 "
- Nixon FY1970-75 $441.7 "
- Johnson FY1965-69 $527.3 "
- Kennedy FY1962-64 $457.2 "
- Eisenhower FY1954-61 $416.3 "
- Truman FY1948-53 $375.7 "
*Excludes $80 billion supplemental added to FY2009 under Obama.
The U.S. military receives more generous funding than the rest of the 10 largest militaries in the world combined (China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, U.K., France, Japan, India, Germany & South Korea).
Can we not see that both Republican and Democrat presidents have kept the $$$ pipeline into the Pentagon flowing on a steady basis? All the current talk in Washington about the military budget being in bad shape is pure baloney.