Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Friday, March 06, 2015

Responses to My Despairing Rant


I've had some interesting responses to my blog post yesterday called 'This Is a Declaration of War' which I also sent to my email list.  Thought I'd share some of them - leaving out the names. Thanks folks.

  • Please remove me from your mailing list.
  • Very well put, Bruce!  I hope this gets wide distribution. But in Venezuela they just prevented a similar coup, so that is most encouraging. But I agree this is extremely dangerous. On the other hand, I think EU countries are getting very nervous over this trend and may break with the US. I would love to know what transpired with the conference with Merkel, Putin, et. al... then there's the China card. Interesting times, for sure!   
  • Those who have de-brainwashed themselves from indoctrination by the Nazi inst.'s they were born in under...  which takes a maverick disposition... a certain in the bone Thoreauvianism ... know that the USA has always worked as much destruction as  possible against all life everywhere.
  • I RARELY share e-mails with others but on this issue I pulled-out all the stops. Thanks
  • Stop wringing your hands and realize this failure, which you aptly describe, is for a reason: the failure to attack the fundamental premise of the new global war, 9/11.  If the entire peace movement devoted half the energy to 9/11 truth as it does to composing these rants people would know the truth.  It was true then and it's true now.  Only the truth can set us free. 
  • Christ Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bruce...you sound REALLY DEPRESSED...I just got back from DC/AIPAC/ NETANHAYU  and am equally despondent re Congress' determined march toward war with Iran...so what to do??????...we need a clamor and I don't know how to generate a clamor/uproar in Maine in such a way it strikes a chord and doesn't turn people off ......ideas??/solidarity....!
  • Don't they call that the "Strategy of Tension". Yes, I stubbed my toe this morning and that darn Putin caused it. I'm waiting for "our fight isn't with the Russian people it's with the bad man Putin". Before it was Ho Chi Minh, Manuel Noriega, Saddam Hussein, fill in the blank. Yes, they have done well lowering the education standards and awareness of history of the Amerikkkan folks.
  • A walk down memory lane.  Same old same old, different actors, same script and ending.  This time however, Russia is not going to play dead.  No one suffered more than Russia during WW2 and now with the Nazi symbols once again being worn by the neo-fascists in Ukraine, Russia will not stand by and watch history repeat itself.  Napoleon, Hitler and now US/NATO at the border.
  • …gulp….
  • As long as the American Public (the sleeping giant), remains uninformed, disinterested and apathetic,  Washington will do its will and lead the nation into a war with truly unpredictable, unintended, catastrophic consequences. When will the sleeping giant wake up and say "No, not in my name"?  Doesn't look like anything is 'waking up'.
  • Pivotal article.  We see a lot of mass media warmongering here. Yesterday Dagens Nyheter  (Stockholm) had an article where a professor emeritus (the only professor emeritus that I know of who is worth his weight in gold is Stephen F. Cohen) Magnus Ljungren from Gothenburg was linking up Putin with a reactionary, ultra nationalistic philosopher Ivan Iljin in a sort of Putin's heart belongs to Ivan Iljin instead of daddy. Then there is the infamous professor from Lund Kristian Gerner who spit his venom in Dagens Industri, "Russia is not a democracy". That was only yesterday. It is incessant.  In the old days you might have seen a Swedish government letting the parties sit down to negotiate in Stockholm for as long as it takes but official Sweden has taken sides: EU, NATO, and comprador Ukraine.
  • So many reasons to want to run away! But where? Why I keep the song After the revolution by David Roviks on my ipod.
  • I agree 100% with Bruce's analysis. It is all western war mongering to destabilise in order to grab routes and resources. Not simplistic but simple, and undoubtedly true.
  • Bruce is deeply educated on this subject and we can thank him for doing our homework for us. We need to pay attention, spread the word and speak out.
  • I just finished reading an article that you probably can find on the Internet by Joanna Macy called "The Greatest Danger". I'm very moved by reading the article this time - and, I've read it 5 or 7 times through the years.  Somehow, it's sinking in deeper and wider this time.  It seems clearer to me with this reading of the article. The intro to the article reads: "If you're really paying attention, it's hard to escape a sense of outrage, fear, despair.  Author, deep-ecologist,
    and Buddhist scholar Joanna Macy says: Don't even try." 
  • Why do U.S. leaders tolerate warmongers and a military industrial complex? To be clear, I agree with the Ukrainian aspiration for liberty but feel the Americans have bigger fish to fry. In particular, the motivations of the Neocons seem to have too much in common with those of neo-Nazis and we should take care of our own authoritarians before we start looking for foreign dragons to slay. Maybe we can start with disbanding NATO, twenty-five years too late. Admittedly my study of the issue is not current. Too many years since I was an Army Foreign Area Officer for East Europe, but I'm sure that if we exclude the unconstitutional Air Force and CIA, there are still enough ethical American leaders with common sense. 
  • Thanks Bruce for sticking in there against the military magamachine.  Best wishes from Byron Friends of Palestine [Australia].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home