Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Tribe or Truth?


Which way should we go?

Go with the crowd
or
speak the truth?
There is a price
to pay
either way

Best go with
the congregation
My wife
or husband
would kill me
if I say
what I really think
in the wrong place
at the wrong time
I can't afford
to get labeled
a pain-in-the-ass
a loudmouth
a trouble maker
a commie
a divider
too negative
Can't we just
have fun?

What about the kids
the job
the mortgage
the family Sunday dinners
already so tense
as it is?

You expect me
to talk about that
at my bridge club?
Do you realize
I wouldn't have
one friend left
after that?!

Things are getting
worse for sure
What will it take
to move us
to speak
the truth
and take action
while still possible?

What is our limit?
Which comes first
the truth
or getting along?
Being liked...
being effective...
sleeping at night...

What about
the next seven
generations?

Will they really
care
what everyone
thought of us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home