Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Lisa on popular comedian's show



Progressive comedian Graham Elwood talks with Lisa Savage, a Green Independent running for US Senate in Maine. Graham is based in Los Angeles.

There were lots of great comments after the video.  Here are a few of them:

  • That analogy about spending 70% of your money on security is brilliant!

  • Green jobs "for our climate, our economy and for our souls" Tell it Lisa!

  • I didn't think I'd see a Green in the Senate in my lifetime.. I'm 62, it's looking like I might.

  • Hopefully everyone watching this would give Lisa their #1 vote and the corporate Dem their #2 vote. The beautiful thing about RCV, is that it eliminates the "Voting for the Lesser Evil" strategy. I'm voting Lisa #1, without a doubt! 

  • I like the picture. She looks steady and honest. I feel weird when politicians color their gray hair. Gray hair is like a quickie Mart sign for wisdom. Her cut is no nonsense, easily maintenance. Definitely feminine without frills. She looks like someone I'd want to hire. In interview she's well identified problems and priorities. Would like to hear more about bills she want to introduce and how she'll carry out the job responsibility but I like her. Makes me more certain I don't do yang because I've researched him for hours with less information. Wish I had more money to contribute.

  • Thanks Graham for introducing Lisa to your audience. She has the 'vibe' of Dr Jill Stein - intelligent, easy to understand and all for the people. Those living in Maine and supporting Bernie - vote for Lisa. Bernie will need people like her in the congress. If you are not from Maine then think about election with more choices for candidates. That would be a truly democratic election system. Bernie will bring it in. Go Bernie!

  • I love it. This is exciting. I was likely going with Betsy Sweet but I didn't know about Lisa; and she covers real issues with real solutions. I will check out her website now. Thank you Graham for giving us all the important interviews and reporting on what matters. You make a good difference.  -A Mainer

  • You can donate at LisaforMaine.org - I wonder who is the better option, Betsy Sweet or Lisa? I've donated to Betsy but that was before I knew a green was running. Id be happy with either based on a quick skim of her site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home