Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Brooks Robinson Presente!

 


My all-time favorite baseball player Brooks Robinson on my Baltimore Orioles team will not be forgotten. The city of Baltimore mourns his passing.

He was not only a great player (winning 16 Gold Gloves for fielding prowess) but universally recognized as a great human being. Beloved by Oriole fans.

I was lucky to have seen him in person when the O's came to Oakland, California in 1971 while I was stationed nearby in the Air Force. I sat right behind the O's dugout and when he came off the field in the first inning I stood and shouted his name as if we were old friends. To me he was.

It is just a shame that Brooks did not live long enough to see this year's young Orioles team win the American League eastern division championship and head into the playoffs after far too many losing seasons. 

Long live the memory of Brooks Robinson!

Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home