Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, April 24, 2023

Bear Butte visions

 














    Bear Butte is considered a sacred site to the Lakota and a unique natural landmark in the Black Hills. The park's namesake, Mato Paha or “Bear Mountain” is the Lakota name given to Bear Butte State Park. The mountain a towering formation that rises 1,200 feet above the surrounding prairie and offers breathtaking views of the region.


My son Julian drove us an hour north of our hotel yesterday to Bear Butte.

It took two hours to climb up and down again along the narrow winding trails. We got more than 3/4 of the way to the top but my knees were shaking pretty good most of the journey.  It was a very special time for both of us. 

Julian was in Taiwan for 10 years teaching debate. Last year he moved to Cambodia. He's been offered a job in China. He's in flux and we are talking about that amongst many other subjects.

After that we went to Sturgis and Deadwood (this is the area where every year the huge national motorcycle jamboree happens). It was also a major mining region of the state after the Lakota were chased out of the Black Hills by the US Army.

Reading about what happened during this period of history grabbed my young mind, heart and soul. I remember asking myself back in the early-60's what I would have done if I had lived during the 1870's? Who would I have supported? The Lakota or Washington? I decided then - the Indians.

This is likely why today I have tended to support those on the receiving end of the US's fascist occupying boot. Cuba, Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Yugoslavia, Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine. And the warlords in Washington currently dream of the final match - the take down of Russia and China.

These wars hit the lottery for Wall Street, Madison Ave, and Hollywood.  War money drives this nation.

So I pick the side being attacked by the ever sophistical US war making, death dealing, military arm of Mr. Big and his regional oligarch cronies. It's a criminal syndicate.

Yes war is bad. No, I don't want to die in a nuclear war.

But local populations have the right to defend themselves.

Current situation

The US-NATO ran the coup in Ukraine in 2014. I watched it virtually live on the Internet. Then the US had the new Nazi-backed corrupt government begin their war on the ethnic Russian population in eastern Ukraine (Donbass). That is where the war has been mostly fought ever since. Last year Russia moved in to protect the people there who by then had lost more than 14,000 lives with about 35,000 wounded.

I tried to spread the word about all this since 2014 but had few takers. Gladly now this is starting to change and more people are seeing things clearly.

I live here in the US and it has always been my role to stop my own government from killing people. It was the promise I made to myself and the Great Spirit many years ago. I will always help defend those being slaughtered by the neo-con killers in Washington. 

They, and the Brits, want control of everything. They have mega-mania-insanity.

Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home