Obama Attacks Russia at the United Nations
- The movement of Russian and Chinese warships into the Mediterranean Sea to protect the Syrian government from the ISIS terrorist groups complicates things for US ego and strategy. The US, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Turkey have been arming, training, and directing ISIS using it as a tool to topple governments in the region thus creating great instability. The US uses that instability to 'fill the vacuum' with even more chaos expanding the need to 'fight terrorism worldwide'. The American people hear virtually nothing else from the media.
- Enter Putin in recent days sending Russian planes, advisers and weapons into Syria to direct the war against ISIS. China, Iraq and Iran have joined onside with Russia. That's a powerful bloc that is saying to Washington: "You blew this one wide open and created this refugee crisis now flooding Europe. You want to turn Syria into Libya and we have had enough. We are taking this over now and if you want to help, in order to save face, then get in line." I haven't heard Europe yet complaining (except Hollande in France) about this as they want someone to stop the refugee flow.
- Obama spoke to the UN today and was not happy to be shown up by the new anti-ISIS alliance being organized outside of Washington's control. He attacked Russia over Syria and over the Ukraine situation (that Putin rightly calls a US sponsored coup d'etat) and made this moralistic remark: “But we cannot stand by when the sovereignty and territorial integrity of a nation is flagrantly violated.” Wow, its always amazing to hear a US president talk about deploring the violation of another nation's territorial integrity. That's a laugh.
- I love how Washington tries to sell the world on its sincerity while we can still smell the burning from Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen and other recent US military interventions. Hypocrisy reigns in the White House. Obama's patronizing UN speech can be heard here
- Putin also spoke to the UN soon after Obama's speech. Putin outlined Russia's view of the UN as a body for compromise rather
than a body for rubber-stamping a certain "needed" decision by a certain country. Putin repeatedly asked this question: "Do you realize what you've done?" While he never called the US by name, instead referring to the post-Cold War "sole center of dominance," he also called it out for the consequences of its decisions. "I fear that the question will stay in the air because the policy that has at its base self-assurance and conviction in its own exceptionalism and impunity has still not been renounced." You can listen to Putin's speech here or see quotes from his speech here.
- You are witnessing the US empire sinking before the eyes of the world. The old line that the 'US way is the best way' has lost its shine. The challenge from BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) has opened to door to enable the world to question US illegitimate authority. It's only a matter of time before this becomes a resounding global declaration.
- Just this morning we finished the Global Network's latest newsletter Space Alert and sent it to the printer. It should be in the mail soon. If you'd like to help us distribute copies let me know and I will send you as many as you want. We only ask to have the postage reimbursed. See the latest edition here