MAINE DRONE PEACE WALK SCHEDULE
Welcome & Register
We invite you to consider joining the October 10-19 Preserve our Privacy: No Drone Spying in Maine peace walk. The walk is being organized by the Maine Campaign to Bring Our War $$ Home and Maine Veterans for Peace.
The peace walk will be led by Buddhist nun Jun-san Yasuda (Grafton, NY) from the Nipponzan Myohoji order. They are an order from Japan and specialize in doing peace walks all over the world.
We must push back against the expanding use of surveillance drones in the US and weaponized drones around the world that are killing many innocent people. There is much talk about bringing drones to Maine and making the Presque Isle airport a weaponized drone test center, thus our reason for starting the walk in Aroostook County.
Below you will find the daily walk schedule. Please note that we will usually begin walking at 8:30 am each day and walk about three miles per hour. Most evening’s local hosts will organize a potluck supper for us around 6:00 pm. The public is invited to attend any and all events. On most of the nights a short program will follow the supper.
We would like for you to let us know if you plan to be with us for any part of this peace walk so we can more effectively make our logistical plans. Contact us at email@example.com or 207-443-9502 and let us know the date(s) you plan to join us, your name, and contact information for each person.
What to Bring?
If you plan to walk we recommend you bring: good walking shoes; water bottle; rain gear (including rain pants); sleeping bag (some nights we will be provided with home hospitality, other nights we will sleep on church floors); a cup/bowl/chopsticks/spoon; and hat.
We will have a covered truck to haul all walker gear so you will not have to carry anything. We will also have vans to give people rides when they get tired during the walk or need to get back to their cars.
This will be a community building experience for all of us.
Drone Walk Schedule
· October 10 (Thursday) Begin in Limestone (former Loring AFB) and walk to Caribou.
· Oct 11 (Friday) Walk to Presque Isle
· Oct 12 (Saturday) Drive to Indian Island (near Old Town) and walk into Bangor and have program that night
· Oct 13 (Sunday) Walk to Skowhegan (need to drive some part of the day) with program that night
· Oct 14 (Monday) Walk to Mercer
· Oct 15 (Tuesday) Walk to Farmington with program that night
· Oct 16 (Wednesday) Walk to Waterville (need to shuttle some part of the day)
· Oct 17 (Thursday) Walk to Belgrade
· Oct 18 (Friday) Walk to Augusta and hold closing ceremony at state capital (Potluck & program at Mediation & Facilitation Resource Center, 11 King St)
· Oct 19 (Saturday) Shuttle to Bath and join protest against BIW "Christening" of first stealth destroyer - we urge folks to join us from around state
Maine Veterans for Peace http://vfpmaine.org/vfp.asp