Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

HOW THE MEDIA LIES


As I was traveling home yesterday, while in the airport, I noticed that CNN News was reporting that only 40 people had turned out for the May Day protest in New York City.  This photo is from the march down Broadway yesterday from Union Square.  Obviously more than 40 people were involved.


This is how the media does it.  They likely picked a remote spot, before anything even began, and reported that only 40 were there.  Then that becomes the story.  I've seen the corporate media do it again and again over the years.


I slept in a bit late this morning and have been catching up with the mail the rest of the day.  Looks like I will be doing a radio interview from Vancouver tonight at 10:00 pm (EST).  Mike Jacobsen from Bellingham will be on the show as well.


Tomorrow I will keep plowing through my stack of work that needs catching up on.  I brought home many names to add to our Global Network database and also need to write a report summarizing the trip.  


On Saturday I speak at a Pax Christi Maine retreat at USM in Portland and then on May 18-20 I will be in Chicago for the anti-NATO protests.  Then on May 24-25 I will head to Toronto to speak at an event organized by Project Ploughshares on the peaceful use of space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they always lie mainly to increase rating and revenue they have no problem spreading lies the more scandalous the higher the rating and the higher the revenue
they couldn't care what lies they say or who they hurt because they know no one is going to sue

5/6/12, 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home