Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Friday, October 21, 2011

JOINING THE CLASS WAR



I am now at the Dorothy Day Catholic Worker House in Washington and will be staying here the rest of my time in this city.

This afternoon I head over to American University where the conference called Peace in Asia and the Pacific: Alternatives to Asia-Pacific Militarization will be held. I will speak about the growing movement against "missile defense" on the opening plenary panel. The conference will continue on Saturday.

On Sunday I'll head back to Freedom Plaza for more of the occupy events. Monday I'll join the weekly Catholic Worker morning vigil at the Pentagon. My trial for civil disobedience at the White House last spring opposing the Afghanistan war begins on Tuesday morning. There are 20 of us in the trial from the March 19 protest. Hopefully it won't be postponed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home