Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Sunday, November 15, 2009

DAVID SWANSON INTERVIEW



The first one I posted did not work right....this one should be fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel Ky said...

Good work, Bruce! I am so heartened at the work that you are doing and the community response in Oregon against building drones, even if it would provide local jobs.

Before I write another word, I must express the overwhelming sadness that I feel about the use of the drones and my deep grief that Americans are killing people with these terrible weapons in Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is just so incredibly horrible.

What has come of my country? How has it become this evil empire causing so much misery and suffering in the world?

I could fall into despair, and I am actually on the edge of a despair that makes me want to die of the shame of being an American. It is people like you who keep me living and give me much needed hope that the U.S. may possibly yet turn around from this destructive militarization.

And for every person who turns out on these issues, for everyone with the courage to speak up to war profiteers, such as the man who just made $20 million on his investment in drones, I want to give you my heartfelt thanks.

I've just learned about a remarkable Afghani woman, Malalai Joya, whose home town was devastated by drones killing women and children. I suggest the people on the Hood River invite her to come speak.

11/16/09, 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home